Saturday, April 09, 2011

Weekend Book Club: Harlequin Romance

It's no secret how much I love the Harlequin Romance series. Yes, I'm biased, as they are the first series that bought me but my love affair with the series has developed over time. I love the varied voices in the series. I love the locations. Most of all I love the varied plots. There's a lot of scope within Harlequin Romance and that's one of the greatest pleasures, picking up a book guaranteed to surprise. The fabulous Wendy Crutcher, RWA's Librarian of the Year, has posted a great blog today at HEROES & HEARTBREAKERS. She outlines why she loves Harlequin Romance and gives some recommendations, including this.

I've read some cracker Harlequin Romances over the years, too many to mention (though Liz Fielding's THE MARRIAGE MIRACLE, her RITA winner featuring a wheelchair bound heroine, is a standout.)


What have been your favourite Harlequin Romances over the years? Recommendations?

7 comments:

Lois said...

Well, in between Chemistry reading and studying, I've been trying to catch up on my Harlequins, since I can usually read those in a day... yesterday was one by Cara Colter, and tomorrow (today, forget about it! LOL) is the other one I have by her that I haven't read yet, Rescued By His Christmas Angel. Your Deserted Island, Dreamy Ex is coming up, I just need more time!!! LOL

Lois

Anonymous said...

Yes, I read that several years ago and it was wonderful! Spectacular H/H. Read it again too - I think twice - and still have it. Think I'll have another go, which is never a trial with Liz' books.
Cheers
Ann

Helen said...

So many great Harlequin reads over the years there are still a lot of authors I haven't as yet tried and I know I really need to.
And I really enjoy all of the different lines.
I really love Beth Andrews super romance stories so good.

Have Fun
Helen

Anonymous said...

Darn, searching for my copy of MM, but think I might have finally got rid of it. Running out of room!Is it going to be re-released in NA?
Cheers Again!
Ann

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

Glad to see I'm on your TBR pile, Lois :)

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

You're making me want to re-read it too, Ann!

Don't know about re-release but you can always check on Amazon or BookDepository in UK (free postage worldwide)

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

I love the Super Romance stories too, Helen.

They actually remind me of Harlequin Romances but longer word count.

The variety of plots and author voices is a big appeal.