Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas recipe

I've had several requests across social media sites for my ice cream pudding recipe, so I'm going to post here.
Wish I had a picture to go with it but once unveiled it usually doesn't last that long!
Though I'm definitely going to take a pic this year.

I've had many variations of this and have experimented myself.
This is the version we seem to like best.

INGREDIENTS:

2 litres good quality vanilla ice cream
1 410g jar fruit mince
2 Violet Crumbles
150g frozen cherries
150g frozen strawberries
Fresh strawberries, cherries, blueberries

METHOD:

Allow the ice cream to soften until a good stirring mix-through is possible.
Add the fruit mince (depending on taste, I add about 390 g, leaving a little in the jar, otherwise the kids find it too strong.)
Crush 1 Violet Crumble and add to ice cream.
Add the frozen strawberries and cherries.
Mix thoroughly.

Line a 2 litre bowl with cling wrap.
Spoon ice cream mixture into bowl and cover.
Freeze.

For serving, remove lid, invert onto serving platter, remove cling wrap.

Crush 1 Violet Crumble and sprinkle on top.
Decorate with a skirt of fresh berries.
(can also add berries on top if desired instead of chocolate. Or both!)

Enjoy!

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you all a merry Christmas and happy holidays.

Stay safe, healthy and eat lots!

2 comments:

lily malone said...

Hi Nicola
Someone else with a passion for icecream puddings/cakes. This year I made a recipe using cherries, crushed flakes and vanilla icecream with a few whole cherries on top. Easy. The kids thought it was brilliant!
Best wishes to you in 2013. I enjoy your blog.

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

Your version sounds delish, Lily.

I love how easy they are and they taste divine!