Saturday, September 25, 2010

Weekend Book Club: Shadow Kiss


I bought Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy earlier this year, read it, enjoyed it, but had so many other books I wanted to read I didn't read on into the series.
This week, I remedied that fact. I quickly read FROSTBITE, book 2 in the series, and was very glad to have SHADOW KISS, book 3 on hand ready to go.
If you don't know what the VAMPIRE ACADEMY series is about, here's a blurb:
Two races of vampires walk our world. One, the Moroi, are alive and wield elemental magical. The other, the Strigoi, are undead and evil--feeding on the innocent to survive. Rose Hathaway--a half-vampire with poor impulse control--is training to be a bodyguard for a Moroi princess. Learning to decapitate and stake is hard enough, but Rose's real danger may lie in an illicit romance with one of her instructors...
This is a strong series and each book gets stronger.
The characterisation is strong, which I love, and the action builds.
I also love a brave author who isn't afraid to kill off likeable characters.
If you want to check out the blurbs and excerpts on each book, click here.
Me? I'm off to grab Blood Promise and Spirit Bound to see what happens next!
Highly addictive reading.

6 comments:

Lois said...

Hi again. . . ah. . . well. . . hmm, it's Saturday for you, still Friday night for me. . . and, ah. well. . . guess you know what's coming, don't you? :) Never a Bride by Amelia Grey. And, nope, it's not contemporary. LOL I started it a couple days ago, but haven't read a lot since, so I could have actually had it done by now, but nope, instead I got to mention yet another historical here! ;)

Lois

Kerrin said...

i've just started Kate Hardy's Good Girl or Golddigger? As i'm only at chapter 2 i can't say much other than i can't wait until night time to start reading again!!

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

I have a feeling your bookshelves must be bulging with books like mine, Lois!

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

Kate's books are great, Kerrin, enjoy!

suzie townsend said...

I love how the vampire academy books just get better with each one!

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

You're so right, Suzie!

I can't wait to grab the next 2 and the final in December!