Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Every word counts

I finally managed to write last night. 9 pages. 2250 words.
For the first time in weeks, the words flowed, my characters talked and I felt half-way human again!
It's tough when you've got other things on your mind and family life intrudes but I swear, I experienced the same euphoria last night after finishing 9 pages that I usually get after completing a whole book.
Getting back into writing after a break, enforced or not, is hard. Really hard.
You always wonder 'can I still do it? Is this story any good? Am I stuck?'
Today, I have 9 more pages than I did yesterday and it feels great!
Every word counts...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a TON of words! WOWZA!

I haven't written in a bit, so much out there I want to get some guidance before I dive in again. I'm itching though....

Ally Blake said...

I sooo know what you mean Nic!

I'm in that boat now with having been cocentrating on my talk all last week. Am hoping to write something today.

You've inspired me!

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

Thanks girls, the encouragement is great!
Managed another 3500 tonight. Must be on a roll...
Let's hope it lasts!

Trish Wylie said...

You know... I really want to hate you for this... but its YOU!

Send some my way please... I need 2k a day for next four weeks...

Off to have NERVOUS BREAKDOWN NOW...

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

You'll be fine, Trish :)
Remember, I had a long break where I just couldn't write a thing, so it's little wonder all these words are spilling out of me now!
1000 today and that's it. Tonight is Prison Break so no writing distractions from Wentworth Miller (is he in the hero database?)

Fiona Lowe said...

Cool! Glad it's flowing again.