Monday, September 14, 2009

Knocked for a six

Been a while since I've been this sick.
In fact, can't remember the last time!

If I pick up the kids' bugs, it's usually the odd cough or cold, because I don't have time to be sick!

This weekend, I was knocked for a six.
Yesterday, rarely made it out of bed, the whole day! Even my eyeballs hurt!
Throw in a toddler with croup (again!), sleepless nights, and I'm wrecked.

This is why a wise writing buddy, Fiona Lowe, always recommends building in extra time for meeting deadlines. You never know what's around the corner.

With my stagnant word count, tight deadline and still throbbing head, wish I'd listened...

4 comments:

Natalie Anderson said...

Big hugs to you Nic. Go back to bed and sleep. You'll get the words done - you need rest time now - it'll be percolating in the back of your brain and when you're refreshed it'll come easy. Honest.

Lacey Devlin said...

((HUGS)) Aww you poor thing! I'm with Natalie go back to bed you need to get better first :D

Caroline said...

((((HUGS))) Nicola. Get well soon. Can you ask for an extension if things get tight? Take care. Caroline x

Joanne Coles said...

Try not to do too much when you're up and about (easier said than done, I know) otherwise you might set your recovery back.

Ouch on the 6 family birthdays, though, that's tough when you're feeling on top of yourself.

You can do it!! :-)