Thursday, July 20, 2006

Plot twists

I don't get to watch a lot of TV as my writing schedule is a night one but I do make time for 24, the high velocity action series starring Keifer Sutherland.


I've watched every series to date. Some have frustrated me, others have held me enthralled and I have to say, this current series is by far the best.
Why?
For sheer number of plot twists! Just when you think you know who the baddies are, wham! Another twist leaving you scratching your head and wanting more. When writing, I always try and end the chapter on a hook, leaving the reader wanting to turn the page to find out what's going to happen and 24 is delivering that quality in spades.

The most surprising aspect of this series is the number of key characters dying. If you haven't seen it, I won't give away any spoilers here but needless to say, the show has lost 5 major characters from previous series and each death is a shock to the viewers. You won't see it coming and I can't quite believe those characters won't be there again.

If you want to see how the experts demonstrate pacing of a story, watch 24. You won't be disappointed!

No comments: